This page will explain you how to apply for the visit visa to Canada.Persons who are not Canadian Citizens or legal permanent residents of Canada may require a visa to enter Canada. This requirement also applies to visitors in transit through Canada.At the present time, the list of persons requiring a visa includes citizens of:Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Sri Lanka and India.You must obtain a temporary resident visa before your departure; you cannot obtain it upon arrival in Canada.
Types of Temporary Resident Visas:
There are several types of visit visa for Canada A visa may be for single entry, multiple entries, or for transit purpose.
- Single entry visa allows you to enter Canada only once.This visa, however, may also be used for repeated entries into Canada from the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon only.Such entries must occur within the time authorized for your stay in Canada.
- A multiple entry visa allows you to enter Canada from any country as often as you wish during the validity of the visa.If you wish to come to Canada to visit a child or grandchild, you may wish to apply for a Super Visa.
- A Parent and Grandparent Super Visa allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status.
- A transit visa is required for travel through Canada to another country by those who require a visa to enter Canada and whose transit will be for less than 48 hours.An application for a transit visa must be supported by evidence of your travel arrangements
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VISIT VISA TO CANADA
The following documents should be included with your application when you apply for the visa:
- Correct fee - green receipt must be submitted.
- Original passport with a validity of at least six months, including at least one blank page.Please note that a separate passport is required for each visitor.This includes children of any age.
- Copies of all previous passports.(if applicable)
- 1 copy of most current passport pages bearing name and picture for each applicant.
- 1 Copy of National Identity Card for each applicant.(For Afghan nationals, a copy of the Tazkara for each applicant.)
- Two passport-size photos (colour or black and white) for each person travelling.Photos must be no more than six months old, and must include the date of birth (day/month/year) and applicant's name printed clearly on the back of each photo.
- Invitation letter from your host in Canada, or hotel reservation if you are not staying with relatives/friends.
- Proof of adequate funds for your travel and stay in Canada.
- If you are a housewife/student dependent on husband/parents,you must submit evidence of your husband/parents proof of adequate funds.
- Letter of employment stating date hired, position, salary and confirming the dates and duration of your approved leave.If you are a house wife/student dependent on husband/parents, submit evidence of husband / father's employment.
- Persons under the age of sixteen (16) not travelling with a parent, or if travelling alone, must provide the notarized consent of both parents allowing travel to Canada. If the minor is subject to a custody order, evidence of custody and the other parent's consent must also be provided. If only one parent is travelling with a minor child, a letter of consent from the other parent allowing the child to travel is required.
- Evidence of immigration status of your relatives living in Canada, i.e a copy of their Record of Landing (IMM1000) or their Permanent Resident Cards, copy of Canadian passport, Canadian Citizenship card or any other document showing host's full name and date of birth.
- Detailed travel itinerary
- Any other documentation/information showing your ties to Pakistan.
If approved, your passport and documentation will be returned with the requested visa.
If refused, your passport and documentation will be returned to you with a letter explaining why the visa was denied
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a visa, you must Complete and submit a visa application form online and get the print of your validated application and submit you validated application along with all relevant documents at one of Gerry’s visa drop box centers in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore or Mirpur.