UK Student-


This page will explains you that how you can apply for the UK as a student under Tier 4 (General) the points-based system.Tier 4 is part of UK points-based system for immigration.

It is for migrants who want to study in the UK.This page contain basic information about the Tier 4 (General) category.And will give you the information you need to make an application.

Depending on the country where you live, you may need to make your application online or using application form VAF9.All applicants must also complete and submit the relevant version of Appendix 8 of the form.You can download application form VAF9, the Appendix and the guidance notes from the page VISA FORMS.

The date of your application must be no more than 6 months after the date when your Tier 4 sponsor assigned your confirmation of acceptance for studies to you.Besure that you do not have tuberculosis (if you want to come to the UK for more than 6 months).

Documents you need for your Admission to get CAS Letter

For your admission in any College or University in UK you will need to be provide the following documents:

Copy of your passport (First four Pages)

  • Your all academic documents (Certificates + Transcripts from SSC to Your highest Level)
  • Certificate of your English Language (IELTS/TOFEL/PEARSON PTEA/ETC)
  • Admission Registration Fee
  • Any Professional Experience(If Applicable)

The documents that you must send as evidence when you apply to study in the UK under Tier 4 (General) of UK points-based system. When you make your application, you must provide all the necessary documents.

The documents that will be accepted as evidence are those listed in this section.

Documents you need for your Visa application

You must provide all the required documents with your application form. There are 40 points you need to Score in points assessment system. Following are the basic documents that you must send along with your application in order to score 40 points.


There are 30 points for your genuine conformation of acceptance under Tier 4 (General) of the points-based system.You will score 30 points for having a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS). When you apply, you must write your CAS reference number on your application form - your Tier 4 sponsor will give you the reference number; and send the documents you used to obtain the CAS. These documents are described on your (CAS).


You must provide an evidence of money to pay your course fees and living costs as an adult student under Tier 4 (General) of UK points-based system.You will score 10 points if you provide evidence that you have enough money to pay your course fees and living costs. To claim the 10 points, you must show evidence that you have sufficient funds available for your study abroad.


To score 10 points in UK points assessment, you must show that you can pay your course fees for your first period of study (or for your next period of study, if you are applying to continue a course) and your living costs for up to nine months.

Money to cover your course fees

If you are applying to do a 'study abroad' Programme in the UK as part of an overseas course, you must show that you have enough money to pay any fees you need to pay to the Tier 4 sponsor for the first year of the Programme (or for the entire Programme, if it is less than a year long).

You have to pay all or part of your course fees and (if relevant) accommodation fees to your Tier 4 sponsor; and/or,You have enough money to cover your remaining course fees and living costs, if any.

Your confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) tells the amount of money you need to show to pay your course fees. If you do not know what this amount is, you must ask your Tier 4 sponsor.

Money to cover your living costs Close

If you are studying more than half of your study time in inner London than £1000 per month and If you are studying more than half of your study time outside inner London than it would be £800 per month.


To apply for a visa, you must Complete and submit a visa application form andBook an appointment at one of UK visa application centers in in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore or Mirpur.

Paying your visa application fee

You can pay your visa application fee by Demand Draft payable to the "British High Commission, Islamabad" or a cash payment at the bank counter when you attend your appointment at a visa application center in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore or Mirpur. If you do this, you should ensure that you get a receipt.