This page will explains you that how you can apply for describes immigration category of general visitor, and explains who can go to UK as a general visitor. If you are an adult and you want to go to the UK as a tourist or to visit friends, you should apply as a general visitor.
If you want to visit members of your family in the UK, you can apply as a visitor. There are different types of visit visa for UK.
- General visitor
- Child visitor
- ADS visitor
- Family visitor
- Business visitor
- Prospective entrepreneur
- Student visitor
- Olympic/Paralympic Games visitors
- Olympic and Paralympic Games family member visitors
- Sports visitor
- Entertainer visitor
- Private medical treatment
- Visitor in transit
To go to the UK as a general visitor, you must be able to show that:
- You are 18 or over;
- You intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months (or 12 months if you will be accompanying an academic visitor);
- You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
- You can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
- You are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:
- take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
- do a course of study;
- marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
- carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor; or
- Receive private medical treatmen
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO YOU NEED AS A GENERAL VISITOR?
You should provide as many relevant documents as you can to show that you qualify for entry to the UK. If you do not provide them, you may be refuse your application.
You must decide which documents will best support your application. We advise you to consider providing documents that contain:
- Information about you
- Information about your finances and employment
- Your accommodation and travel details
- Information about your visit to the UK
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a visa, you must Complete and submit a visa application form VAF 1A and book an appointment at one of UK visa application centers in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore or Mirpur.
Paying your visa application fee
You can pay your visa application fee by Demand Draft payable to the "British High Commission, Islamabad" or a cash payment at the bank counter when you attend your appointment at a visa application center in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore or Mirpur.